Is the Patriots dynasty over?

gil

Is the Patriots dynasty over?

Post by gil » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:20 pm

I am a lifelong Patriots fan, I am being realistic about this season could be one and done in the playoffs if they do somehow get by the Titans in will end in KC.... After winning so much it really doesn't even matter to me to be honest it is what it is... I know either Brady or Belichick is gone after this season my vote is for Brady to stay, keep McDaniels as the coach put some weapons around Brady and make a run over the next 2 years.

LoudBill

Re: Is the Patriots dynasty over?

Post by LoudBill » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:21 pm

12-4 and in the playoffs is a bad year for the Patriots! 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls. This year injuries everywhere on offense and skill positions are in need of an upgrade for sure. As a patriots fan if this is the end of the run I count myself very lucky. You will not see another run like this over 20 years ever again. So thank you Patriots and in a down year you are still in the playoffs. How many teams would love to say that?

rufus

Post by rufus » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:21 pm

New England made a severe mistake with the roster. They had no receivers of note and failed to draft any who panned out. But they figured that receiver is the easiest position to fill. They were correct but they picked the wrong people. The good receiver, Brown, had way too much baggage. Then they ignored veterans that they needed to surrender a decent pick in order to get and selected guys with cement hands. They finally gave their drafted receiver a shot and he could not catch cold. Edelman is a good possession receiver but is not fast. White is solid from the backfield. Watson is no Gronk. They needed ONE fast full time pass catcher to draw double teams from Edelman and stretch defenses. Even getting Golden Tate or Cole Beaseley would have this team 14-2.

GoldBarry

Post by GoldBarry » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:22 pm

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers both lead late 4th quarter drives to put there teams ahead.

Max Kellerman: "Tom Brady lost that game for the Patriots yesterday"

Also Max Kellerman: "Rodgers wasn't great yesterday but he got it done late when it counted!"

parkman

Post by parkman » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:23 pm

yesterday they looked like a "courtesy team" that is allowed to play for a few minutes during half-time of a varsity game

raymond

Post by raymond » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:23 pm

The Pats may be in decline but they are still the envy of the league...most teams can only dream of winning 12 games every year...for a decade:))

ingersol

Post by ingersol » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:24 pm

I blame BB for this. He left Brady with no weapons. He made his son the defensive coach, and the defense was a fraud. Some hard choices need to be made now: Give Brady weapons or let him retire.

dandan

Post by dandan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:25 pm

LOL, they finished 12-4! They can't be the same team every year but still manage to beat almost everyone every year. When Belichick and Brady are gone then team will decline but until B.B. is gone they will continue to win games.

racer

Post by racer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:26 pm

I really want to see how Belichick does without Brady. I think he’s way overrated as a coach but time will tell. Belichick should retire and go out as the greatest. Kind of a Phil Jackson but Phil made a mistake and came back.

gunk

Post by gunk » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:27 pm

If it weren't for Kraft and his insistence to ditch Antonio Brown, the Patriots probably be undefeated or close to it, the number one seed and expected to pick up Tom's seventh ring.

The Patriots have had much worse teams over Brady's years here and Brady has actually had worse years statistically. They know what they need to do, get a blue chip wide receiver or two and shore up a weak offensive line.

Besides, I'm not totally ruling them out, although yesterday was hard to rationalize away, but the patriots barely lost to KC, Edelman's fumble likely cost them the game against Baltimore.